Waikiki Beach

Waikiki Beach
Waikiki Beach

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Not So Serendipitous!


Life has kept me so busy this past year, that when I finally had a moment to look at the Blog that I started last year, I sadly discovered that something terrible had happened to it! I think it was removed for lack of use.  It was still there, but the background was removed and I could not gain access to it.  This was no so serendipitous!

I decided to just start all over again! As I have time, I will update this blog with tidbits of things I learn as I go along.

My daughter and I decided last year, to invest in our own business. We have an adult day care center. That was quite an undertaking, let me tell you.  Knowing very little about starting a business from scratch was only one of the hurdles we had to over come.  The other was learning to plow our way through government and insurance red tape.  To say the least, it's been a real learning experience.  Now we are about to start over again by beginning to offer home services as an add-on to the day care.  So we begin all over again with the contracts and inspections and on-site visits and credentialing!  This should probably take another 2 to 3 months, not to mention the hours and hours in front of the computer as I type up employee manuals and policies and procedures!

But, aside from all the work, there have been many blessings.  Yes, some days we feel like throwing in the proverbial towel, but then a serendipitous moment will fall upon us and we will smile and say "Thank you Lord." All it takes is to see a big smile on one of our client's faces and we know why we are doing what we do!

So, this is a "new beginning" on blogger land for me.  I'll give it my best shot as I have opportunity!
A serendipitous moment when we went to Hawaii a few years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment